3rd Generation owner honors life through service to community
By Dana Trumbull
Albert Coury, who founded Mountain View Funeral Home and Cemetery in 1951, was a compassionate man who believed in the importance of families. He wanted a beautiful green cemetery where families could feel at ease spending time with loved ones.
66 years later, Mountain View is still owned and operated by the Coury family. Inheriting the values of his father and grandfather before him, Greg Coury represents the third generation to tend the needs of the cemetery. In 2016, Mountain View was voted cemetery of the year.
Greg, however, has extended his grandfather’s vision of family service to include a deep and varied involvement in activities outside the wrought iron gates of the cemetery’s main drive. Recently, the business’ efforts have included events such as a “blanket party,” which opened the Superstition chapel in Apache Junction to an evening with community members making fleece blankets for homeless veterans. Other fundraising events organized by Mountain View employees have raised money for Sunshine Acres, Sharing Down syndrome of AZ, and other local charities.
Upcoming community events sponsored by Mountain View Funeral Home include:
- Thursday, Sept. 28, 6 p.m. Free Bingo Event at Superstition Cremation and Funeral Services in Apache Junction. Please call (480) 982-2727 to RSVP.
- Saturday, Sept. 30, from 9 a.m. to noon, Mountain View is inviting neighbors to a Vendor Fair at the Queen Creek location.
More than twenty five businesses will be on hand for your browsing pleasure.
- Wednesday, October 4, at 10 a.m., at the Mesa location, the mortuary is hosting its first Pet Blessing (on the green lawn in front of the funeral home). Father Dominico Pinti from St. George Catholic Church of Apache Junction will be officiating. Please call Hilary at (480) 832-2850 to RSVP.
To learn about more future events, “Like” Mountain View Funeral Home and Cemetery on Facebook or go to the website: www.mountainviewfuneralhomeandcemetery.com
All too often, staff at Mountain View have sat with families who were torn, not knowing what to do, because the family never discussed their loved ones’ last wishes.
Advance planning can save families the burden of facing emotional and financial decisions after you pass. “Our goal in the community is to educate people on the importance of advance planning.
We never want anyone to have to second guess themselves. We are here to serve you at all of our locations; you will be treated like family and, most importantly, your wishes will be honored.”
All consultations are free and can be conducted in the mortuary or in the comfort of your own home. If you choose to pre-pay, your money guarantees today’s prices for the options you select. Call 480-832-2850 for more information, or email email@example.com.
Mountain View locations are:
- Superstition Cremation and Funeral Services, 398 E Old West Hwy, Apache Junction, AZ
- Mountain View Funeral Home and Cemetery, 7900 E. Main St., Mesa, AZ
- San Tan Mountain View Funeral Home, 21809 S. Ellsworth, Queen Creek, AZ