The local primary election is Tuesday, August 28 and polls will close at 7 p.m.
If you received an early voting ballot, but have yet to return it by mail, it can be hand delivered to your polling place or the Pinal County Recorders office, 575 N Idaho Rd. Ste #800 in Apache Junction.
Before you head out to vote in the August 28 primary election, Apache Junction city officials want to ensure you know where to cast your ballot.
Apache Junction has 12 polling places for city voters, who will be voting for mayor, three city council members and Proposition 423, a permanent base adjustment option, as well as state and county offices.
The Gold Canyon, Mountainbrook, Queen Valley area has five polling locations, but voters outside of Apache Junction city limits will be voting in the state and county primary election only.
Most Pinal County voters cast their ballots by mail, according to election officials. Officials remind people who still have their mail-in ballot on election day to take it to a polling place, instead of the post office. Those who have received early ballots must vote on the ballot provided to avoid the need for a provisional ballot, which is used to insure the voter is not submitting a duplicate ballot.
The following locations are polling places for Apache Junction city residents:
- Precinct 40 - Cactus Canyon Jr. High School, 501 W. Southern.
- Precinct 42 - Superstition Mtn. Elementary School, 550 S. Ironwood Dr.
- Precinct 43 - Seventh Day Adventist Church, 1650 S. Ironwood.
- Precinct 44 - Moose Lodge, 350 W. 16th St.
- Precinct 45 - Four Peaks Elementary School, 1785 N. Idaho Rd.
- Precinct 46 - Desert Vista Elementary School, 3701 E. Broadway.
- Precinct 47 - Central Az. College, 805 S. Idaho Rd.
- Precinct 56 - Happy Days R.V. Park, 451 N. Meridian.
- Precinct 57 - Elks Lodge, 2455 N Hwy. 88.
- Precinct 58 - County Complex, 575 N. Idaho Rd. (Ste. 800).
- Precinct 59 - Mountain View Lutheran Church F. L. Center, 2122 S. Goldfield Rd.
- Precinct 63 - First Baptist Church, 235 S. Thunderbird Dr.
The following polling places are for Pinal County residents in the Gold Canyon, Mountainbrook Village and Queen Valley area:
- Precinct 48 - United Methodist Church, 6640 S. Kings Ranch Road.
- Precinct 49 - Queen Valley Hall, 1478 Queen Valley Dr.
- Precinct 64 - Montesa Hall, 7373 U.S. Hwy. 60.
- Precinct 66 - Mountainbrook Village, 5782 S. Mountain Brook Dr.
- Precinct 72 - Peralta Trail Elementary School, 10965 E. Peralta Rd.
- Precinct 84 - Superstition Foothills Baptist Church, 6336 S. Kings Ranch Rd.