KOA Building Evacuated After Fire Starts in Dryer

An apparent fire in a dryer at the KOA campground on South Tomahawk sent the Superstition Fire & Medical District (SFMD) and the Mesa Fire & Medical Department to the area on January 24.

According to SFMD Assistant Chief Richard Ochs, when they received a report of smoke and fire in a structure, firefighters were dispatched at 8:20 p.m. to a building in the 1500 Block of South Tomahawk Rd.

“The first truck arrived in four minutes to find smoke in the building from an apparent dryer fire,” Ochs said in an email. “Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and then remove smoke from the building. No one was injured in the incident and damage was confined to a single commercial dryer unit.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*