Man Burned In AJ Mobile Home Fire

An Apache Junction resident suffered severe burns when his mobile home caught fire on Saturday, March 2nd.

Superstition Fire & Medical District (SFMD) and Mesa Fire & Medical Department responded to a mobile home fire just after 8:00 a.m. in the 900 block of N. Plaza Drive.

The first unit on the scene found a single-wide mobile home well involved with fire.

Firefighters were able to control the blaze in about 10 minutes and prevent the it from spreading to adjacent homes.

SFMD spokesperson Richard Ochs said that one man was able to escape the fire before firefighters arrived and was sitting in the roadway.

“He was treated by Fire District Paramedics for severe burn injuries and transported by helicopter to Maricopa Medical Center’s Burn Unit. Firefighters did locate a dog inside the home that had been overcome by smoke. They utilized a Fido Bag ventilate the animal and performed CPR in an effort to revive it, however it did not survive.”

Ochs said that the home and its contents were a total loss. “The initial investigation of the fire revealed that a discarded candle may have been a possible cause, however, an active investigation is on-going.”

Photo above: Superstition Fire & Medical District reported that the home and its contents were a total loss. SFMD photo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*